Section 168 of companies act give power to director to resign from directorship with date mentioned in resignation letter or from the date of submission of resignation and acceptance of board of director is not required.
Director resigning shall file resignation letter in DIR 11 however its now optional.
Companies shall mandatory file such resignation in DIR 12 within 30 days of date of resignation.
However resignation by managing director shall be effective only when approved by board of director.
Documents Required for Director Resignation
1. Resignation letter
2. Reason of resignation
3. Evidence of dispatch of letter
4. Evidence of receipt of letter at company office
5. Mail id of resigning director
Benefit of Director Resignation
1. Relived from companies duty
2. No responsibility of companies working