PAS-6 is half Yearly Audit report of reconciliation of share (issued share , Demat share and Physical share )
- Applicable Laws
- PAS -6 Filing is govern through sub-rule (8) of rule 9A of the Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rules, 2014 which was amended vide Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities)Third Amendment Rules,2019
Rule 9A stated here
9A. Issue of securities in dematerialized form by unlisted public companies.-
(1) Every unlisted public company shall –
(a) Issue the securities only in dematerialized form; and
(b) Facilitate dematerialization of all its existing securities
in accordance with provisions of the Depositories Act, 1996 and regulations made there under.
(2)Every unlisted public company making any offer for issue of any securities or buyback of securities or issue of bonus shares or rights offer shall ensure that before making such offer, entire holding of securities of its promoters, directors, and key managerial personnel has been dematerialized in accordance with provisions of the Depositories Act 1996 and regulations made there under.
(3) Every holder of securities of an unlisted public company,_
(a) Who intends to transfer such securities on or after 2nd October, 2018, shall get such securities dematerialized before the transfer and
(b) Who subscribes to any securities of an unlisted public company (whether by way of private placement or bonus shares or rights offer) on or after 2nd October, 2018 shall ensure that all his existing securities are held in dematerialized form before such subscription.
(4) Every unlisted public company shall facilitate dematerialisation of all its existing securities by making necessary application to a depository as defined in clause (e) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Depositories Act, 1996 and shall secure International security Identification Number (ISIN) for each type of security and shall in-form all its existing security holders about such facility.
(5) Every unlisted public company shall ensure that _
(a) it makes timely payment of fees (admission as well as annual) to the depository and registrar to an issue and share transfer agent in accordance with the agreement executed between the parties;(b) it maintains security deposit at all times, of not less than two years, fees with the depository and registrar to an issue and share transfer agent in such form as may be agreed between the parties; and
(c) it complies with the regulations or directions or guidelines or circulars, if any, issued by the securities and Exchange Board or Depository from time to time with respect to dematerialization of shares of unlisted public companies and matters incidental or related thereto.
(6) No unlisted public company which has defaulted in sub-rule
(5) shall make offer of any securities or buyback its securities or issue any bonus or right shares till the payments to depositories or registrar to an issue and share transfer agent are made.
(7) Except as provided in sub-rule (8), the provisions of the Depositories Act 1996 the securities and Exchange Board of India (Depositories and participants) [Regulations, 2018] and the securities and Exchange Board of India (Registrars to an Issue and share Transfer Agents) Regulations, 1993 shall apply mutatis mutandis to dematerialisation of securities of unlisted public companies.
(8) Every unlisted public company governed by this rule shall submit Form PAS-6 to the Registrar with such fee as provided in Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules,2014 within sixty days from the conclusion of each half year duly certified by a company secretary in practice or chartered accountant in practice.
(8A) The company shall immediately bring to the notice of the depositories any difference observed in its issued capital and the capital held in dematerialised form.]
(9) The grievances, if any, of security holders of unlisted public companies under this rule shall be filed before the Investor Education and protection Fund Authority.
(10) The Investor Education and protection Fund Authority shall initiate any action against a depository or participant or registrar to an issue and share transfer agent after prior consultation with the securities and Exchange Board of India]
(11) This rule shall not apply to an unlisted public company which is:-
(a) a Nidhi;
(b) a Government company or
(c) a wholly owned subsidiary.
Effective Date : 15 July, 2020
Purpose: Reconciliation of share capital. Audit Report on half yearly basis.
E-Filing Frequency: Half yearly basis
|April to September||30 Nov|
|Oct to March||30 June|
Applicability: Applicable on unlisted public companies
- Nidhi Company
- Govt company
- Wholly owned Subsidiary
Details required for filing:
ISIN (International Securities Identification Number)
Period of filing
Detail of capital (in given format)
|S. No||No of share||% of total share capital|
|B||Held in dematerialised form in CDSL|
|C||Held in dematerialised form in NSDL|
|D||Held in Physical form|
|E||Total No. of shares [(b) + (c) + (d)]|
If there is any difference in between point A and E then need reason also
Detail of change in share capital for filing period
|Particular||No of share||Whether intimated to NSDL||Whether intimated to CDSL|
Detail of share by and in