Part 1:- Law and procedure change
- Due date for annual return in FORM GSTR-9 and reconciliation statement in FORM GSTR-9C for FY 2017-18 to be extended to 31.01.2020.
- waiver of late fee to be given to all taxpayers in respect of all pending FORM GSTR-1from July 2017 to November 2019, if the same are filed by 10.01.2020.
- E-way Bill for taxpayers who have not filed their FORM GSTR-1 for two tax periods shall be blocked.
- Input tax credit to the recipient in respect of invoices or debit notes that are not reflected in his FORM GSTR-2A shall be restricted to 10 per cent of the eligible credit available in respect of invoices or debit notes reflected in his FORM GSTR-2A.
- Due date of filing GST returns for the month of November, 2019 to be extended in respect of a few North Eastern States.
Part 2:- Rate Change
- To exempt upfront amount payable for long term lease of industrial/ financial infrastructure plots by an entity having 20% or more ownership of Central or State Government. Presently, the exemption is available to an entity having 50% or more ownership of Central or State Government. This change shall become effective from 1st January, 2020.
- To levy a single rate of GST @ 28% on both State run and State authorized lottery. This change shall become effective from 1st March, 2020.
- GST rate on Woven and Non-Woven Bags and sacks of polyethylene or polypropylene strips or the like , whether or not laminated, of a kind used for packing of goods ( HS code 3923/6305)in view of the requests received post the changes recommended on such goods in last meeting and recommended to raise the GST to a uniform rate of 18%(from 12%) on all such bags falling under HS 3923/6305 including Flexible Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBC). This change shall become effective from 1st January, 2020.